Genie AI is the AI legal editor that completes your legal documents for you. Specialising in generative AI for the last 6 years, Genie is at the cutting edge of AI and legal innovation.
We are disrupting the legal industry by changing the business model, ground up.
Imagine the next generation MS Word, Google Docs or Notion, except powered by the collective intelligence of everyone using the platform, giving you insights from the market as you draft legal contracts.
We have fully flexible working, meaning you can work remotely or in pre-paid co-working spaces of your choice. Apply now as applications close shortly.
About Genie AI
- Welcome! We’re a machine learning startup with a mission to open source the law
- We’ve won a £2m Innovate UK government grant in collaboration with Oxford University and Imperial College London to conduct research in explainable AI and also co-authored research papers with them
- In late 2022 we won the Innovate UK government grant
- According to Forbes, we're also rated one of the top 29 AI startups in the UK
- We’re backed by top legal pedigree, from Lord Neuberger to Barclays Eagle Labs
- Our customers save on average £15,000 on legal fees per year with Genie
- Instead of paying a law firm, they can use our open sourced legal templates
- These contain guidance from top lawyers, and intelligent insights as you draft
- The result: thousands of companies get their legals done faster and cheaper with Genie
- This isn’t just a SaaS product - we’re redefining the business model of law
- If you’re excited to disrupt a £750bn industry and make history with us - apply below!
Our team & culture
- We are a team of 16 Genies split across product, engineering and business squads
- Our team have published papers & host regular paper clubs
- We love learning! For example, we have regular knowledge sharing days & an unlimited budget for all tech, legal & business books
- We do a range of social events - from hiking to book club to cook-a-long sessions by zoom
- Ask us about our team culture - we have really worked on building a world class team
About the role
This is an exciting leadership opportunity to develop an industry-leading, SaaS artificial intelligence product in the legal sector, which requires a risk-taking, creative and “out of the box” thinker to push the boundaries of what is possible in law, service-enabled SaaS and machine learning on NLP/text data. Working with our CTO, CEO, Growth Lead, UX/UI Designer and a robust engineering team, you will be responsible for innovating and delivering our product development cycle, including:-
- Working with our customers to define and refine product features
- Defining user personas and quantifying buyer personas with our team
- Iterating designs and prototypes with our UX / UI designer
- Creating specific user stories in Jira and defining our product roadmap
- Working in agile / scrum and maximising the Jobs To Be Done framework
- Setting up regular product release cycles in alignment with company strategy
- Regularly triaging user bugs and prioritising feature development
- Speaking to our users to take a user-centric approach, with regular customers interviews
- Defining metrics to measure product development success, product-market fit, user satisfaction and presenting the ROI of problems / solutions
- You will have had sole responsibility for growing a market leading SaaS product
- You will be at leadership level, but are still keen to roll up your sleeves and do frontline work
- You are able to create realistic product roadmaps via Jira that mesh well with our engineers and meet deadlines
- You will have a strong technical understanding of software engineering principles - whilst not necessarily being an engineer level coder, you can look under the bonnet and recognise any technical issues to address
- You have a keen eye for detail, and have an advanced, nuanced understanding of UX/UI design
- You have a firm understanding of the “Job to be done” framework
- You understand how to conduct user interviews and obtain customer feedback in an unbiased way, and are able to dive into user needs and pain points
- You might have experienced product setbacks but have learned from past mistakes and war stories
- You are a strong articulator able to communicate with all stakeholders
- You will have sought inspiration from books such as The Mom Test
- Experience building a community / platform / marketplace or a deep tech product is a bonus!
- You will initially meet our Talent Acquisition Manager, Charlette followed by a Technical chat & test with our Co-Founders Nitish and Rafie. Thereafter you will complete a Culture Interview with our Growth Marketing Lead and one other team member
- We look forward to meeting you & having fun throughout the interview process; please turn up as your authentic self & ask us about our Culture, Company events & Big Mission! We can’t wait to meet you!
What do Genies get?
- Generous stock options - we want everyone to share in our success!
- Employee benefits platform where you can get free plants, food deliveries, yoga, electronics, wellbeing sessions and more
- Unlimited budget for business, law, or technology books
- Regular meditation and wellbeing sessions
- Regular team lunches, dinners & strategy days!
- Substantial equipment budget for you to set up a home working environment, including a top of the range laptop, monitor wireless keyboard, mouse & office chair
- Individual £500 L&D budget annually plus 5 days off to take part in any learning
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave for both parents
- Cycle to work scheme
- Numerous guilds to join including Hiking Club, The Band, Gaming Club, Book Club & more!
At Genie, we’re passionate about what we do, and we’re committed to creating a diverse environment. Whilst we’re on the cutting edge of innovation, it’s all about the people. We embrace differences and hire based on merit, giving equal consideration to all applications, regardless of gender, background & race.