Genie AI is a deep learning based software company with a mission to open source the law.
We are disrupting the legal industry by changing the business model ground up.
What Github did with open source code, Instagram and TikTok with entertainment, Airbnb with hospitality, and Uber with travel, Genie is doing with Legal contracts.
We are building a community-based AI law platform.
We have fully flexible working, meaning you can work remotely or in pre-paid co-working spaces of your choice. Apply now as applications close shortly.
About Genie AI
- Welcome! We’re a machine learning startup with a mission to open source the law
- We’ve raised £5 million from the world’s top investors - and now we’re poised for growth!
- We’ve won a £2m Innovate UK government grant in collaboration with Oxford University and Imperial College London to conduct research in explainable AI and also co-authored research papers with them
- In late 2022 we won the Innovate UK government grant meaning we receive an extra £200,000 of funding
- According to Forbes, we're also rated one of the top 29 AI startups in the UK
- We’re backed by top legal pedigree, from Lord Neuberger to Barclays Eagle Labs
- Our customers save on average £15,000 on legal fees per year with Genie
- Instead of paying a law firm, they can use our open sourced legal templates
- These contain guidance from top lawyers, and intelligent insights as you draft
- The result: 400+ companies get their legals done faster and cheaper with Genie
- This isn’t just a SaaS product - we’re redefining the business model of law
- If you’re excited to disrupt a £750bn industry and make history with us - apply below!
Our team & culture
- We are a team of 16 Genies split across product, engineering and business squads
- Our team have published papers & host regular paper clubs
- We love learning! For example, we have regular knowledge sharing days & an unlimited budget for all tech, legal & business books
- We do a range of social events - from hiking to book club to cook-a-long sessions by zoom
- Ask us about our team culture - we have really worked on building a world class team
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to help develop an industry-leading, SaaS artificial intelligence product in the legal sector, which requires a risk-taking, creative and “out of the box” thinker to push the boundaries of what is possible in law. Working between our Engineering & Machine Learning (ML) Teams, you will be responsible for productionising ML & Large Language Model (LLM) features, including:
- Writing clean, efficient, thoroughly tested code, backed-up with pair programming and code reviews
- Owning the data collection & transformation pipelines
- Maintaining, alongside our Machine Learning Research Scientist, our machine learning/inference code base
- Taking architectural ownership for various critical components and systems such as building API endpoints to different microservices and implementing a big data software architecture to process large amounts of data
- Exploring & evaluating new technologies, frameworks & tools
- Conducting experiments & running tests to validate effectiveness of AI models
- Deploying on cloud computing platforms like AWS & GCP
- Having the freedom to own what you do because at Genie AI every employee is a founder
- You are excited and care about building robust AI applications in production
- You are at a senior level, but still keen to roll up your sleeves and do frontline work
- You have sound technical knowledge of databases (SQL/NoSQL)
- You're keen to work independently, as well as collaborate with a small, diverse team, within an agile environment
- You possess solid Python engineering experience coupled with recent exposure to working with LLMs & have previously built an AI product
- You have an understanding of ML algorithms & techniques and their applications, especially in the fields of NLP & LLMs.
- You have the ability to optimise ML models for performance and scalability
- You have sat between research & engineering teams before acting as a go-between and managing stakeholders
- You have the ability to work with large amounts of data, ideally having experience working with data warehouses like BigQuery and building data cleaning and transformation pipelines.
- You possess a strong testing and quality mindset
- You are passionate about self development and your own continual learning
- You will initially meet our Talent Acquisition Manager, Charlette followed by a short Technical chat and two live exercises with our Snr ML Research Scientist & Engineering Lead. Thereafter we will host a Culture Interview with our Growth Marketing Lead, Alex & Ana our Frontend Engineer
- We look forward to meeting you & having fun throughout the interview process; please turn up as your authentic self & ask us about our Culture, Company events & Big Mission! We can’t wait to meet you!
What do Genies get?
- Generous stock options - we want everyone to share in our success!
- Employee benefits platform where you can get free plants, food deliveries, yoga, electronics, wellbeing sessions and more
- Unlimited budget for business, law, or technology books
- Regular meditation and wellbeing sessions
- Regular team lunches, dinners & strategy days!
- Substantial equipment budget for you to set up a home working environment, including a top of the range laptop, monitor wireless keyboard, mouse & office chair
- Individual £500 L&D budget annually plus 5 days off to take part in any learning
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave for both parents
- Cycle to work scheme
- Numerous guilds to join including Hiking Club, The Band, Gaming Club, Book Club & more!
At Genie, we’re passionate about what we do, and we’re committed to creating a diverse environment. Whilst we’re on the cutting edge of innovation, it’s all about the people. We embrace differences and hire based on merit, giving equal consideration to all applications, regardless of gender, background & race.