Genie AI is a deep learning based software company with a mission to open source the law.
We are disrupting the legal industry by changing the business model ground up.
What Github did with open source code, Instagram and TikTok with entertainment, Airbnb with hospitality, and Uber with travel, Genie is doing with Legal contracts.
We are building a community-based AI law platform.
We have fully flexible working, meaning you can work remotely or in pre-paid co-working spaces of your choice. Apply now as applications close shortly.
About Genie AI
- Welcome! We’re a machine learning startup with a mission to open source the law
- We’ve raised £5 million from the world’s top investors - and now we’re poised for growth!
- We’ve won a £2m Innovate UK government grant in collaboration with Oxford University and Imperial College London to conduct research in explainable AI and also co-authored research papers with them
- In late 2022 we won the Innovate UK government grant meaning we receive an extra £200,000 of funding
- According to Forbes, we're also rated one of the top 29 AI startups in the UK
- We’re backed by top legal pedigree, from Lord Neuberger to Barclays Eagle Labs
- Our customers save on average £15,000 on legal fees per year with Genie
- Instead of paying a law firm, they can use our open sourced legal templates
- These contain guidance from top lawyers, and intelligent insights as you draft
- The result: 400+ companies get their legals done faster and cheaper with Genie
- This isn’t just a SaaS product - we’re redefining the business model of law
- If you’re excited to disrupt a £750bn industry and make history with us - apply below!
Our team & culture
- We are a team of 16 Genies split across product, engineering and business squads
- Our team have published papers & host regular paper clubs
- We love learning! For example, we have regular knowledge sharing days & an unlimited budget for all tech, legal & business books
- We do a range of social events - from hiking to book club to cook-a-long sessions by zoom
- Ask us about our team culture - we have really worked on building a world class team
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to help our Founders on both administrative & strategic projects to help Genie AI in our mission to open source the law, and in doing so build a hugely successful LegalTech company that has a positive impact on society.
- You will spend a significant amount of time managing Founder emails, handling day to day scheduling of their diaries & occasionally the wider business
- You will also help Founders with their varied day to day tasks, which could include administering our quarterly wellbeing surveys, helping with data collection & labeling, and managing Contractors
- You will plan our quarterly company knowledge sharing days, which is a great opportunity to help the team learn and develop
- You will act as ISMS Administrator, look after all invoices & receipts and manage employee cards
- You will procure & manage company benefits
- You will assist with all finance issues and investor reporting
- You will be an additional intellectual resource for the executive team, saving them time and enabling business growth with genuinely impactful ideas
- You will think strategically and proactively, working on planning short term and long term projects including helping to put in place company OKR’s and associated meetings
- You will use new technologies to automate your work as much as possible
- You will be excited about being a general force-multiplier for productivity of Founders
- You will have the freedom to own what you do because at Genie AI every employee is a founder
- You are a strong multitasker accustomed to spinning many plates at once and you possess effective strategies for time management
- You have a keen awareness for security and digital technology
- You are a strong empathiser able to maintain healthy and professional working relationships in a small but rapidly growing team
- You can communicate succinctly and accessibly to internal and external stakeholders alike, and have a discerning eye for detail
- You’re keen to work independently, as well as collaborate at times with a rapidly growing diverse team
- Technology - you are tech-savvy and like trying out new apps!
- You will initially meet our Talent Acquisition Manager, Charlette followed by a take-home task. You will then meet for a Technical chat with our Co-Founders Nitish & Rafie and thereafter a Culture chat with our Business team!
- We look forward to meeting you & having fun throughout the interview process; please turn up as your authentic self & ask us about our Culture, Company events & Big Mission! We can’t wait to meet you!
What do Genies get?
- Generous stock options - we want everyone to share in our success!
- Employee benefits platform where you can get free plants, food deliveries, yoga, electronics, wellbeing sessions and more
- Unlimited budget for business, law, or technology books
- Regular meditation and wellbeing sessions
- Regular team lunches, dinners & strategy days!
- Substantial equipment budget for you to set up a home working environment, including a top of the range laptop, monitor wireless keyboard, mouse & office chair
- Individual £500 L&D budget annually plus 5 days off to take part in any learning
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave for both parents
- Cycle to work scheme
- Numerous guilds to join including Hiking Club, The Band, Gaming Club, Book Club & more!
At Genie, we’re passionate about what we do, and we’re committed to creating a diverse environment. Whilst we’re on the cutting edge of innovation, it’s all about the people. We embrace differences and hire based on merit, giving equal consideration to all applications, regardless of gender, background & race.